Back to Announcements
Southern Flames, Inc
TORCH RULES and REGULATIONS
* Hours of Operation:
- Opens ½ hour after Beads By Design opens and closes ½ hour before Beads By Design closes.
- BBD hours are Monday: 10:00 – 2:00
Tuesday, 10:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday – Saturday: 10:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Torch Area is closed during Southern Flames classes, BBD renovations, classes, etc.
* Must be a Southern Flames Member in good standing.
* Torch rental area is $ 5.00 per hour; payment is cash or check only (no credit cards).
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* A minimum of 6 hours of prior use on a minor torch (or equivalent torch).
* A safety/liability release must be filled out and signed before every torching session.
* Must call ahead to Beads By Design to reserve torch time.
* Must check in with Beads by Design personnel upon arrival or sign in booklet, please observe reservations. If a space is reserved, reserving member has precedence.
* Soft glass only! No Boro or other hard glass.
* Kiln will be pre-set to 950º F for a Moretti/Effetre annealing cycle and must not be adjusted. If you are using a different type of glass, you are responsible for knowing whether this pre-set annealing cycle is adequate for your glass.
* Didynium or other equivalent safety glasses must be worn.
* Ventilation hood must be on and appropriate ventilation system operating.
* No use of glass powders of any kind (enamels, powdered frit, pixie dust, etc.).
* No fuming or use of any other technique that may require a respirator or mask. Use of metal leaf or foil is acceptable as long as technique used does not result in fuming.
* Beads by Design facilities should not be used for removing beads from mandrels.
* Bring your own tools- only matches, water cup and rod rest will be provided.
* Label mandrels with your name.
* Members must clean up after themselves.
* Members will be responsible to pick up their beads from Beads by Design.
* Members may not use torch time to teach for hire.
* Beads by Design does not receive any funds for this service, but helps facilitate use of equipment. If you have any problems, please contact a Southern Flames Board member.
Failure to abide by any of these rules can result in
torch rental privileges being revoked.
Back to Announcements